Yes getting enough sleep can be incredibly difficult at times but trying to work out ways to get more sleep comes with its benefits.
Sleep deprivation is related to:
- increased risk of injury
- increased feeling of tiredness and stress
- lack of interest to exercise
- affected mental health
- faster ageing!!
7-9 hours of sleep is recommended a night but this is hard to achieve for most. So here are few tips to try and get those highly desired extra winks.
- Try to nap in the day to make up for lost sleep when you can
- Avoid screentime before bedtime
- Make sure your sleep environment is optimal preventing you overheating, being too cold
- Avoid caffeine after lunchtime
- Try herbal relaxation sleep aids